photo banner%202016_zps82js6xhv.png

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Review: Schwarzkopf Color Mask

Ever since the summer has ended, I've been getting really annoyed with the way my hair had gone into this weird ombre mode all by itself from the sea and sun. So, finally, this past week I picked up the new Schwarzkopf Color Mask hair dye from my local drugstore. Instead of going back to dark brown, I picked up the #568 Chestnut Brown shade that has some reddish undertones. I thought this would be perfect to bring in some dimension to my hair instead of being just a flat shade of brown. 



This is probably the easiest and nicest smelling hair dye I've used in a while. The idea behind it is that you use it as a hair mask. Therefore, there's no need for bowls and brushes and parting your hair to get all the roots covered. The box contains detailed instructions, protective gloves, the cream developer which smells divine, the color cream with strengthening amino-active protein, and a hair mask with vitamin-oil complex. 

The instructions are very straightforward and simple. Just put the color cream into the cream developer jar; shake for a minute or so and it's ready to be put on. Since my hair comes down to underneath my chest, I needed two boxes in order to cover it all. I didn't end up using all of the dye. I threw away probably a bit less than half of the second jar. 





It took me about 20 minutes to lather it onto my whole head of hair. Inevitably it ended up all over my neck, temples, ears and forehead... But it was really easy to clean up with a cotton pad and some oil-based make up remover. 

The most important part is basically massaging it into the roots all over the head which makes the dye turn a bit foamy. When I was done with that, I just gathered my hair on top of my head in two sections and used some cheap big clips to hold them in place while I waited. 

In total I'd say I left it on for some 40-45 minutes. The instructions have way less time put down, but I got carried away with Grey's Anatomy (and then cried for a while after re-living the Izzie + Denny horror). 

I made sure to rinse it out really well until the water was completely clear. I don't really like the conditioning hair mask that came in the package because it didn't really leave my hair feeling soft and silky like my Macadamia Deep Conditioning Mask does. Plus, it was useless in detangling my hair...




Here is the before and after.




Basically, I'd give this a 5/5. It's so easy to use, it doesn't stink, the chemicals don't sting my eyes and make them water while I'm applying the dye, it's 100% hassle-free and it gives great coverage. My dark roots and my light ends are the same color now. And it's not very expensive, either. So, I'm happy with the way it turned out. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment